Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Little Bit Country...........PPA6



Since I am headed to a Toby Keith concert tonight in Saratoga I was feeling a little bit country. So when I began this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge to use Crushed Curry, Ruby Red and Brocade Blue I kept that in mind. My stamping friend Trina had given me some images she had colored with aquapainters from a hostess set she earned last year. I snipped a flower pot from a larger scene and mounted it on a small piece of The Write Stuff Designer Specialty Paper. A thank you from the Oval All set sends the message. Crushed Curry ribbon looks terrific against the Brocade Blue background. A bit of silver, a ruby button and the card is good to go. I think I will be sending it to my cousin Cindy who got us great seats for tonight's show!



"How do you like me now?"
- Toby Keith



The Day After Report: Great show, 4th row seats, danced for 2 hours straight, going to sleep early tonight! "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was!" - Toby Keith

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh wow! You really rocked this color challenge! I had a tough time with it!

I LOVE your coloring on that flower pot...you are so good at watercoloring!

Very pretty! I don't usually like country, but I do like Toby Keith. I am a bit jealous. I will try to keep it in control! ;)

Kim said...

Hope you enjoyed the concert! Great job with these colors, it wasn't easy, but you definitely did it proud :)

Ann Schach said...

Linda, this is exceptional! A perfect job with the coloring! I had a tough time with these colors, but you made it look easy!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

So pretty, Linda.

Love your ribbon treatment.

Mary Fish said...

and I'm a little bit Rock-n-Roll. Such a pretty card for anyone, however. I envy your coloring skills. Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

OH so cute! Have fun with Toby!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Great use of the colors.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is really pretty!! I love the way that you colored the image!

Carla said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! I so agree, its a lil bit country. How was Toby? Cute hunk!

Martha said...

I luv your "country" take on PPA color challenge. The coloring is beautiful. Isn't there a song, A little bit country?? Hope you had a great time!!

Margaret Moody said...

This is so pretty, Linda! It is really striking! Great job with the challenge colors! Also, excellent job of watercoloring, too! Super job!