Thursday, January 14, 2010

Parlez-vous francais?........PPA25........


Chocolate chip paper, white embossing powder and a punch or two was all that I needed after seeing PPA's inspiration picture this week! I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch as a guide for my layout. The heart was stamped with swirls from Wedding Sweet and then embossed. A scallopy white ruffle was added around the heart. The secret to the ruffle is the paper crimper - thank you to Jan Tink! Chocolate and saying I love you in French sounds like a perfect combination for Valentine's Day.............


11 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

Another beautiful card, Linda! I just love your work! I love the clean simplicity and the ruffled heart! And, you're right! Chocolate + French = Perfect Combo! :)

Ann Schach said...

Oui! This is a beautiful card! I love the embossing, the ruffled border, and the rich chocolate chip textured paper! Mmmmmm....It's "card-a-licious"!

Carla said...

Your card is the best!!! I'm with Margaret, I so love your work!!! I want to be just like YOU!!! I cannot wait to play with that ruffle!!! Hugs to you dear Linda.

Mary Fish said...

Amazing translation of the challenge. Love the ruffle around the heart and the french sentiment . . . mais oui!

TrishG said...

Love the colors! Looks great.

Kim said...

Always such beautiful cards Linda!! THis is great! Love the simplicity

Debbie Henderson said...

Linda, my first language was french growing up so this is right up my alley! I saw that ruffled on some other blogs and want to try it myself. The card is awesome!

Barb said...

It looks great on line but even better in person. Another winner!!!!!!!!

Paula.Crafty Cow said...

Linda your card is great infact your blog is great.
You said your mam was from leeds that is my home town, thanks for leaving a comment on my card.
lots of luv Paula

Lourdes Torres said...

Hi Linda! Your card is so nice! Your interpretation is also great.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, love this! So clean and crisp ... and soooo yummy lookin' too! Love the ruffle ... what a neat trick!

Thanks for commenting on my card. Off to explore yours now!

~Hugs, Deb