Thursday, October 3, 2013

Postcard - PPA174





Thank you to everyone who commented or e-mailed me yesterday telling me about your card making. I learned that many of you make just one card like I do!  And those of you who told me that you made 10 or 20 or even 30 of a design have my utmost admiration!  I also heard from my cousin who remembers coming to my house to check out the back yard after the elephant visit!  Yep that was our 15 minutes of fame!

Maybe today you have some photography hints for me. Baked Brown Sugar cardstock is a much softer brown than it looks here but I just couldn't seem to get it right in the photo! Natural light would probably work the best but I rarely finish a card in daylight.  If my photos were time stamped most would say midnight or later!  I am sure many of you can relate to that!




We have beautiful fall colors to work with this week at Pals Paper Arts!


                                       PPA174

15 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I LOVE this card! Love the colors and the stacked stamps are my fav.

I totally understand about the photograhpy... mine is the worst. I scrap in my basement craft room and the lighting is NOT day lite quality at all... so totally get that part too. hugs

Dawn Tidd said...

I think this is a gorgeous card. I love this stamp set and the way you trimmed out that bike. Lots of late night snipping going on! Your pictures always look great!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

This is a stunner, Linda! Absolutely love it! So many details and all so wonderful!

Susan Itell said...

WOWZERS! This is a true work of art! Just beautiful in every way!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Linda,

This is so awesome. I love the layers, the images and the colors are perfect. That clip is a great touch, too! Great mixing of stamps;) I think I spend more time taking photos than making the card! I recently just started putting some cards on top of an 8 foot bookshelf because the light seems brightest near the ceiling. Of course, Jim thinks I am going to fall off my wheelie chair when I am standing on it taking a pic!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Putting your card in a photo box (lots of cheap and easy online DIY tutorials) with daylight bulb work lights seems to work well for most people. The lights are inexpensive, $15-20 each or so I've heard they are available in US hardware stores with or without table clamps. This gives soft, diffused neutral coloured light which won't alter your colours. Then you won't need a flash which can leave big shadows and distort colours.

Linda said...

This card is fabulous! I love everything about it. I might have to get those stamps.

Mary Fish said...

You must be smiling. This is simply fantastic! Everything is perfectly balanced and artful!

Ginger said...

Perfection Linda!

Bev Gomez said...

Hi Linda, love your darling card. I have those old spray boxes but any box will work and then I have an Ott lite to help me take pics. Have a good weekend with your pals. Hugs,Bev

Patti MacLeith said...

You are makin' me want that set! Thanks, Linda!! CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Great Card, Linda. So crisp!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, this is something else! What fantastic images you've layered together!

As for photographing the cardstock so that it looks the right color I'm beginning to think that is a skill reserved for the professionals. A couple of weeks ago I tried several times to photograph Kiwi Kiss and what came out of the camera looked more like split pea soup.

Nina Dee said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I love all the layered stamps and that Linen Thread tied to the bicycle is such a lovely touch!

Margaret Moody said...

Another wonderful Linda Callahan creation! Love everything about it, especially the snipped bicycle!