Wednesday, February 26, 2014

See Ya Later! FMS125






I am terrible at good byes so I thought a few light-hearted farewell cards could help me out when needed. Those Zoo Babies were still hanging around so I put them to work flanking the sentiment from See Ya Later. The squiggles are stamped with the mountain top stamp from Map It Out.  And of course I have an alligator story for you..........

During Easter break we always took our kids to Florida to visit my parents and usually spent one day at Camp Holly. We would take the air boat ride up the St. John's River, through the grasses in search of alligators - scary and fun! One year our tour guide cruised to a stop and told us to be very quiet and we drifted a bit.  He was kneeling at the front of the boat and all of a sudden went forward into the water up to his waist. He popped back up grinning with a baby alligator in his hands.  Before I even had time to react he handed me that alligator.  I don't know who was more afraid.....me or that little critter.....his heart was beating so fast!  He was tiny but already had quite the set of teeth! And you know what we all said when that baby alligator was released and swam away from us........................



My mom isn't looking too thrilled about that little critter being so close to her!


Narelle has a wide open sketch for us to play with this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

                                        

17 comments:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Seriously...is this the cutest thing ever? YES, it is! Oh my...just love it. So Creative, Linda!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda This card is too cute! I love how you used the little monkeys and the waves are just genious.... they also compliment the DSP.
But this story is seriously too funny. You DO have a story for so many occassions and I Love hearing everyone!
Hugs

LeAnne said...

Adorable card, but the story is funnier! I would have had to go home and change my pants!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this, Linda! The monkeys and the "waves" are the perfect accompaniments to the alligator. Love your alligator story too. :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What an adorable card!!! Love it!

Jen Brum said...

Linda...this card is so fabulous! I love it! and of course love how the alligator is walking away!! So fun!!! You are just so creative! I am not sure i would have liked the alligator either!!! I'm not a big fan of the things you could find in the swamps of Florida!

Jen Mitchell said...

Only you could tell a story like this and make a this card like so many years later! Honestly, I can't wait to hear the next story!

Karren said...

This is such a cute, cute card Linda! Those monkeys are adorable and you're so clever to use the mountain top stamp. Great story - but I'd be wondering where the mama alligator was lurking...

Kelly S. said...

What an absolutely adorable design! Such sweet images and I love the twine and the chevron background!

Nance Leedy said...

All of it, even that baby alligator, is as sweet as can be! I love how you used the sketch element as a negative space...wicked clever! The monkeys waving to the departing alligator are pricless! Of course, that's always the best way to see an alligator....as it's leaving, LOL!

Ginger said...

Love your card and the alligator story! I can't even imagine holding one - eek!

Helen Williams said...

Linda this card is so cool, I love it.
I have just found you on the web and have started following you.
Thanks for sharing.

Greta said...

Wow--better you than me! Darling card, Linda!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are one of the cleverest designers Linda - your card is super-fabulous and super-funny! I just LOVE it!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

How fantastic! This is super-cute and creative! Not to mention I just love a good harrowing tale! Thanks so much for sharing both! :) See you later...hee, hee!

Rita W said...

Too clever as always. I don't know how you do it every time!

Cindy Hall said...

Holy smokes! This is so awesome, Linda! Love how you created the "water", the popped 'gator and monkeys, and how you used the thread. Really awesome card!