Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Adventure Bound! FMS231





My family is small but mighty - an adventurous lot! Everyone is game for most outdoor sports - skiing, snowboarding, waterskiing, snowshoeing, jet skiing, tubing, white water rafting - there has even been some skydiving. But at the end of the day we head for a great restaurant and a nice hotel! No outdoor camping for us!  My son broke his two front teeth setting up cots on his first (and only) tenting expedition. And then there was the night a huge dog chasing something equally huge knocked over our tent - with us inside - on the first (and only) night the big guy and I camped out.  But now my daughter and her family are going to leave the safety net of a good Hampton Inn. They have borrowed an old camper and will be meeting up with friends for an outdoor adventure in a few weeks. I will send them off with this card....which will have gift certificates for Starbucks and a Holiday Inn Express inside...... 


My New Zealand pal Karren Johnson -  an amazing inkmaster - has designed a fun sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I always like something a little askew on a card!  Hope you play along!



Stamp Sets:  Welcome Home by Avery Elle, SU Sheltering Tree, SU Let's Get Away
DSP: SU Going Places
Cardstock: SU Black, White, Delightful Dijon
Ink: Black, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Zig Markers

15 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love this card and the little scene you've created! It's wonderful Linda!

stampwithamyk said...

What an awesome card! Love the little banner for the sentiment and the nifty little camper. And I'm still laughing that you're sending along a gift card for the Holiday Inn Express and Starbucks! :)

Michelle said...

This card is so well done! Love the design and the matching sentiment and image! Thanks for the FMS inspiration!

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet! I love this camper and the scene you created. Are you fussy cutting again? Love this as a back-up for Erin and family but I bet they have fun!

HJ said...

This is such a cute card. I know your daughter and her family will enjoy receiving the card and the gift cards. How generous and thoughtful of you. I love the sketch. Have a great day.

Amy O said...

Cute scene, Linda! I love that sweet camper and that sentiment is perfect for this card. And I love your camping stories. I've never camped in a tent before, and I can't say I've missed it.

LeAnne said...

LOL...I wish them luck! Blessedly, we have had only good camping adventures! Adorable card for a challenging sketch!

Karren said...

You have the best stories! I prefer a hotel over camping any day, so good luck to your daughter :) Love this card you've made for them - the camper is so fun and I really like the "ground" you've created.

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear the stories from this mis-adventure! I'm sure this fun card with be a great comfort to everyone as they pilot the camper to the nearest hot shower!

Patti said...

Funny post! sounds like you just were not meant for camping giggles. I hope your daughter's adventure turns out great! I love your sweet card. For me I can't get enough of camping!! I have been camping since I was 8 weeks old : )

Patti

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda another marvelous idea of yours! Love how you made a whole new theme around that sentiment... such a cute little camper trailer... hugs.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! I love that little camper! Paired with that constellation paper it's perfect! We aren't campers either. I take hotels each and every time!

Becca said...

Hysterical! I love the hotel gift card idea! I have some Anne Taintor stickers and my favorite says, "I love not camping!" Our camper that is permanently in place at the lake is as rustic as I care to get. :)

Becca said...

Hysterical! I love the hotel gift card idea! I have some Anne Taintor stickers and my favorite says, "I love not camping!" Our camper that is permanently in place at the lake is as rustic as I care to get. :)

Rita W said...

lol We used to camp rustic style (aka pee in the woods) growing up, but you couldn't pay me to do it now! I need hot coffee and a soft bed. Oh, and a toilet! This is such a perfect card for Erin's adventure!